Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It all does happen for a reason.

This week, we got the very unfortunate news that a cousin of ours died – He died of a type of blood cancer that he fought off multiple times, this time… the cancer won. Although I am sad to see him gone, I know that he lived a very wonderful life. Once he retired – he lived his dream: season tickets to the Phillies, teaching at a summer camp and watching his only daughter grow into a woman. Tomorrow we are heading to New Jersey to attend the funeral and I am so glad that I am able to make it – I am putting my personal life ahead of work. The interesting thing was that the family was told by my cousin’s doctors that it was time to make a decision… either give him a few more days or pull the plug (I hate that phrase) – they decided to wait a few more days. My sister made a great point last night; my cousin left this world early so his family would not have to make such a tough decision. He knew it was his time. I really do believe that everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment