Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bang, poom, POW!

At 19 weeks and three days, I think I finally felt the "bubbles" I kept reading about.

Picture it...

Chad is blasting the television.

Me: "Are we seriously watching Jurassic Park 4 before bed?"

Chad: "It is JP 2 and it is Jeff Goldbloom, of course we are!"

Ugh.

Any who, I was taking advantage of the five to ten minutes of back rest I give myself each evening before retreating to my left or right side to sleep when I felt a pop, or something that felt like that. I quickly put my hand to my stomach but nothing. Of course the moment I moved my had I felt it again and again. I don't think Chad and I will feel anything externally for a bit longer, but what a neat feeling! Chad did put his hand on my tummy and swears he felt something but who knows.

I am imagining my baby as the 1960's Adam West, to include the little "Boom" "Pow" "Bam" bubbles appearing next his/her teeny tiny hands.

I have been feeling pretty good the last few days - just the normal nausea that comes anytime I let my stomach get to the point of hunger pains. Have another snack? Don't mind if I do.

This weekend, Chad and I are heading to our 20 week sonogram. I am really looking forward to seeing what this baby looks like now that is does not resemble a bean or gummi bear. What I am not looking forward to, is the 32 ounces of water I have to finished one hour prior to my appointment. Full bladders and a dancing mother-to-be are apparently requirements to have a successful sonogram.

No comments:

Post a Comment