Friday, November 2, 2012

There are one thousand violins playing for me…


I am beyond whiny today… I am apologizing in advance for it. If you are not in the mood to hear grumblings, than I recommend watching something adorable: http://ww​w.youtube​.com/watc​h?v=whAL8​7ZZSJ8&fe​ature=you​tu.be  

How I am feeling:  
Today I am 31 weeks and 5 days. For the most part, I feel great and I consider myself very lucky for it. I am not experiencing swelling and varicose veins. I think I just found my first stretch mark although it is only the size of a tooth pick (it may just be a scratch on second thought) so I can’t complain about that… and I have had not had a “baby scare” in months… MEM is moving great, no bleeding, nothing… I have been very blessed with this pregnancy and I hope the next two months go as smoothly.

But can I be a brat for a minute?
I am tired, my lower back hurts, at night I tend to get a sharp pain in my left butt cheek (yes, an actual pain in my ass – sciatica I am assuming) and I’M TIRED. I really can’t stress that enough. Blame it on the crappy sleep for the past three months but it all seems to be hitting me like a ton of bricks. In the last week I have also noticed an increase in abdominal pressure, tightening and cramping – maybe because I only get the opportunity to poop two-three times a week. I miss regularity. Yes, TMI but to be honest, I fart unintentionally so often in front of everyone (colleagues, peers, family, the dog), I have lost any shame I may have had before pregnancy.

To top it all off, my work situation is not good right now. I can’t go into detail on a public forum, but the whole thing does not make life easier and my anxiety level is rising. I am looking forward to time off with the baby.

Ok, I am done.
In better news, I signed up for a prenatal yoga class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the community college near my office. I have taken the class a few times before with the same instructor (different location), who happens to be our doula too, and I really enjoy it. But don’t think for a moment that because the term “prenatal” is inserted in front of the class’ name that it is any easier than a normal yoga class. The class kicks my ass. Maybe because I was never into yoga prior to the pregnancy or because I am out of shape at this point. There are five of us in the class and I am the youngest new mother… In fact there is a 46 year old first time mom. She is in amazing shape and her attitude is so bright, I really think the world of her.

Chad and I are finally buying the nursery’s paint this weekend (we were waiting for the semi-annual sale at Sherwin Williams) and hopefully we can work on that on Sunday. Saturday afternoon I am finally getting my butt to see Kris’ new house. I can’t wait for a night of board games, food and cock (mock)tails.

Fun in the coming weeks:
Vegas in 15 days: Don’t worry, my doctor said traveling prior to 35 weeks is just fine and I don’t need special permission from the airline.

Thanksgiving: 20 days
Baby Shower: 28 days
Chanukah: 36 days
Christmas: 53 days
BABY MILDENSTEIN: 45-73 days (I’ll be 38-42 weeks along)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment